Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving




For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson



I am thankful for my family – parents, brother, sister-in-law, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts, cousins, ancestors. . .

I am thankful for my friends – you are a wide-ranging and diverse group of bandits and saints. . .

I am thankful for those people who smile and nod even though we are not entirely sure of each others’ name. . .

I am thankful for my surrogate nieces and nephews. . .

I am thankful for my education – it's a daily challenge, but so far, it’s gone well. . .

I am thankful for those who forgive me when I’m foolish or unkind. . .

I am thankful that God has a sense of humor and infinite patience. . .

I am thankful that from time to time I seem to make a difference. . .

I am thankful for those who’ve taught me love. . .

I am thankful for those who’ve whooped me upside my head as needed. . .

I am thankful for some very good doctors. . .

I am thankful for every bump in the road; every punch in the gut; every toe stub – and their lessons. . .

I am thankful to live in the United States of America and for our men and women in uniform – be they military or first responders. . .

I am thankful for constructive disagreement and honest debate. . .

I am thankful for great art, great music, great food, and great style. . .

I am thankful that I can be a productive member of society and contribute in my own small ways. . .

Amen.



Image reported to be in the public domain and can be found at:  
http://www.pdclipart.org/displayimage.php?album=65&pos=3

2 comments:

  1. Very well said!! I am thankful for you my dear friend!! Happy Thanksgiving!!
    - Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life sure can suck sometime...until you start counting and adding up the blessings. If you're honest and sincere in the contemplation, the blessings always outnumber the suck count. I'm so happy for all my blessings, including you!

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice, sit up straight, don't mumble, be kind to animals and your family.