Tuesday, October 3, 2017

A new pit in my stomach



Image result for sad emoji

After the tragedy at Sandy Hook, my observation was that the populace reeled in collective horror at the senseless loss of life. Perhaps that so many of the victims were children particularly resonated.

After 9/11, the country bonded (for at least a week or two) in its collective mourning.

When Oklahoma City happened, my sense was that there was such a disbelief that this could happen and just a wave of sadness enveloped the nation.

Here we are – not even 48 hours after the slaughter of innocents in Las Vegas and nearly every post I see in social media is making political points. A scant few hours after Stephen Paddock killed 58 (at this count) and caused the injury of over 500 others – internet trolls and prominent citizens were filling the airwaves with disinformation to further an agenda.

Not much to say. I’m truly saddened by the loss of life; I’m positively sickened by the opportunistic crowing of the special interests (and I’m not picking sides).

God bless America; God comfort the families and the victims. Goddamn the trolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice, sit up straight, don't mumble, be kind to animals and your family.