Monday, April 9, 2012

Happys


I’ve had a rather frenetic schedule lately – evidence: I’ve accumulated nigh 20,000 air miles since January 1st. Layer on that I’ve remodeled roughly a third of my main floor, been in the midst of some transitions with work, and am weighing additional opportunities. I’m pretty tired and a bit unsettled.

Only one thing to do: count happys:
- Engaging conversation

- Awakening new tastes

- Witnessing good deeds or achieved goals

- Surprise music filling the neighborhood

- Community unity in the face of tragedy (the tornadoes in Dexter, Michigan)

- Meeting personal challenges

- Bliss from unexpected sources

- Doing the right thing – not necessarily the easy thing

- Learning new things

- Holding a puppy

- Anticipated adventures

- Making my Mom proud

- Meaningful ways to honor those recently passed

- Private smiles prompted from past adventures

- Shared kindness

- Fulfilling reads

- Positive outcomes – no matter how banal

- Appreciation

I invite and ask any reader to add other happys to the count.



Chimp image reported to be in the public domain and available at:  http://www.wpclipart.com/animals/primates/chimp/chimp.png.html

8 comments:

Please be nice, sit up straight, don't mumble, be kind to animals and your family.