Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl



8:22 pm

It’s halftime and I’ve watched most of the action. I got an early giggle when the first score was a safety – there are millions who had “7” and “0” in the office pool who quickly became distraught!

The cameras have shown girlfriends and wives, owners and fans, celebrities, linesmen, ushers, and cheerleaders. Commentators bark about “high ankle sprains” and pre-game rituals. The city of Indianapolis is showing well and the President’s earlier interview left us wondering if there was going to be escalation in the Middle East.

I, for one, am enjoying a happy evening at home with decadent noshes of caviar, marinated veggies, and a near slushy martini in a frozen metal inverted cone. Dog commercials seem to be the most clever.

Dear, dear Madonna croaked a halftime show that supports the idea that celebrities should also have mandatory retirement.

Clint Eastwood gave his best challenge since:
“Did he fire six shots, or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I’ve kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: ‘Do I feel lucky?’ Well do ya, punk?”

The half ended 10-9; more thoughts to come.

9:00 pm

Brady and Eli both get their bell rung . . . I can only imagine the toughness professional quarterbacks (hell, all quarterbacks) must possess. I’d be hearing telephones all day long.

I’m still laughing at the quarter-end scores . . . 9/0 9/10 and 15/17 . . . the office pools are exploding!

9:13 pm

Props to Bud Light for the support for rescue dogs!

9:26 pm

The Samsung commercial reinforced my suspicion that I have fast been abandoned as a primary advertising target.

9:42 pm

There is something ironic about seeing the advertisement for “Swamp People” just before another inane “Go Daddy” commercial . . . the gator is the biggest star. . .

9:54 pm

Gallant fight to the end . . . congratulations to the Giants!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice, sit up straight, don't mumble, be kind to animals and your family.